Thursday, January 28, 2010

Every-day Heroes


Tonight Joe and I sat down with the most random group of people: from Police Officers, Hostage Negotiator, Banker, Immigration's Lawyer, to students-all with one thing in common, stop human trafficking. Yes, it's a problem in Texas, USA-biggest one being lack of awareness-and this is our first hurdle and reason for coming together from all kinds of backgrounds. "Evil flourishes because good men do nothing", and there's a LOT to be done! I was happy to be one of the "nobodies" in the room, just taking it all in and letting the big names talk (my voice is half-gone right now and I almost didn't go to the meeting). Then one of the spokeswomen of the group turns to me and asks if I can be the spokesperson for her, poor thing lost her voice COMPLETELY attending conferences all yesterday long...kinda put things in perspective. Christina Goode, your a soldier, sweetie. An ordinary mom with a tireless, fearless strength, despite personal set-backs and every-day difficulties. You're one of my heroes!



Joe and I with some of the board of Texas Anti-Trafficking In Persons and Child Sexual Exploitation Coalitions

No comments:

Post a Comment